Mental health awareness week 2019
Mental wealth awareness week will be 13th-17th May 2019 with the focus: Body Image: how we think and feel about our bodies. If anyone has any ideas for how to raise awareness on this issue or would like to help in planning the week, please contact Mrs Taylor : email@example.com – Please click here to view the Mental Health Awareness Website!
84 MEN IN THE UK
TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES
Smart Phones : The Dark Side
Developing a ‘Digitally Healthy’ household
During Mental Wealth Awareness week we all completed a ‘mindapple’ with 5 things we do every day to keep our minds healthy. For more information or to complete your mindapple online please go to the following link
At Christopher Whitehead Language College and Sixth Form, we recognise the importance of looking after the physical health of our students and staff, but also the promotion of their mental well-being as having equal importance. We call this awareness Mental Wealth.
As such, we are aiming to:
- prioritise the mental wealth of all of the school: staff and students
- build up a ‘treasure chest’ of resources to develop resilience in situations where needed
- teach adults and students ‘how to cope’ with the pressures we feel day-to-day and in a wider context
- be a school that listens to all
- develop staff confidence in dealing with issues with students and colleagues, helping them to recognise when it is a professional issue.
- promote understanding that ‘observation’ is key to identifying issues early.
Kooth is a free online service that offers emotional and mental health support for children and young people. When you sign up you can choose an avatar, which helps to keep you safe and anonymous. You can have a “drop-in” chat with a counsellor or therapist or book a one-to-one session.
Kooth’s counsellors and therapists are available until 10pm, 365 days a year. You can talk to other young people anonymously on the forums whenever you like, and keep an online journal.