Mental health awareness week 2019
13th-17th May was mental wealth awareness week. We focused on body image, activities included a mindful mile, packed lunch poetry picnic, puppy cuddles and a bake sale raising £46.25 for ‘Mind’.
Mr Luff completed the London Marathon in 4hrs 44min 10 sec. He said
“It was the best and toughest experience and at 22 miles I did start to question my choices but so happy to have crossed the finish line. Huge thank you to everyone who has supported me and sponsored me, it really means a lot.”
It was to raise money for ‘Mind’ https://www.mind.org.uk/
If you would like to support him in his fundraising please follow the link: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ChrisLuff4
£46.25 was raised through a bake sale run by the student mental wealth committee, this has been added to Mr Luff’s total which is now well over £1000.
Anxiety and Me
Mental Health Awareness Week
Fans, players and the future king discuss mental health
Developing a ‘Digitally Healthy’ household
At Christopher Whitehead Language College and Sixth Form, we recognise the importance of looking after the physical health of our students and staff, but also the promotion of their mental well-being as having equal importance. We call this awareness Mental Wealth.
As such, we are aiming to:
- prioritise the mental wealth of all of the school: staff and students
- build up a ‘treasure chest’ of resources to develop resilience in situations where needed
- teach adults and students ‘how to cope’ with the pressures we feel day-to-day and in a wider context
- be a school that listens to all
- develop staff confidence in dealing with issues with students and colleagues, helping them to recognise when it is a professional issue.
- promote understanding that ‘observation’ is key to identifying issues early.
Kooth is a free online service that offers emotional and mental health support for children and young people. When you sign up you can choose an avatar, which helps to keep you safe and anonymous. You can have a “drop-in” chat with a counsellor or therapist or book a one-to-one session.
Kooth’s counsellors and therapists are available until 10pm, 365 days a year. You can talk to other young people anonymously on the forums whenever you like, and keep an online journal.