TRANSITION INFORMATION 2021
Transition days Pitmaston (15th June), Oldbury (22nd June), Dines Green (23rd June), St Clements (29th June), Rushwick (24th June), OLQP (1st July)
- Myself and Mr Farmer (deputy head) visit the primary school. Mr Farmer does an activity with the year 6 students. Mrs Burgess talks to the year 6 teachers and gathers appropriate information.
- The students come to CWLC for lunch.
- There is a parents information evening at 6.30pm. This is usually at the primary school but this year it may be so, or at CWLC or virtual. Please see letter or wait for further information.
Transition days (all other students)
- A member of our pastoral team will visit the student(s) in their primary school and have a ‘one to one’ chat. They will also make contact with the year 6 teacher.
- These students have been invited for lunch on Thursday 24th June or Thursday 1st July, brought and collected by parents, carers or friends. Please email me to let me know if you intend to come.
- These parents should attend the appropriate parents’ information evening on one of the 2 dates above (depending on what is on your letter)
New Intake Days 12th and 13th July
- Students should attend both of these days to find out their house and to meet their learning mentor and other year 6 students. They will not get to meet the rest of their learning mentor group until September due to the delayed lifting of restrictions. They will have some lessons and other activities in their year 6 bubble. We will give you more details in the parents’ information evening.
New Intake Evening Thursday 15th July
- Due to the current delay in lifting restrictions until 19th July we have decided not to hold this evening. We will be posting some information/welcome videos on the website instead.
FOR ANY FURTHER HELP OR ENQUIRIES CONTACT MRS W. BURGESS
Christopher Whitehead Language College and Sixth Form,
Phone: 01905 423906