Christopher Whitehead Sixth Form Curriculum Model and contextual information
A-level results, summer 2017
The results for the first cohort of students to complete A-level examinations at Christopher Whitehead Language College and Sixth Form are as follows:
- Students in cohort = 47
- A*-E pass rate = 99%
- A*-B grades by entry = 48%
- A*-C grades by entry = 71%
- Average point score/ Entry = 32.99
Sixth form curriculum model
Students starting sixth form in September 2016 and completing A-Level courses in summer 2018:
Cohort size: 85
- Whilst students have the opportunity to study four subjects in year 12, the majority of students study three full A-level courses with the opportunity to complement their courses with an Extended Project Qualification.
- Students who excel in Mathematics may choose to take Further Mathematics at AS-level over two years.
- AS-level examinations were sat by students studying ‘legacy’ courses (those yet to be decoupled): Mathematics and Politics.
- Students could choose to sit AS-level examinations in other subjects if they felt that doing so would be beneficial to them, or if they intended to drop a 4th subject at the end of year 12.