For details about the impact of pupil premium spending, please click here.
Pupil Premium funding at CWLC & SF
The Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It is designed to help disadvantaged students of all abilities enhance their performance and close the gap between them and their peers.
This population includes students who:
- Currently receive free school meals
- Have received free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- Are looked after by a local authority
- Are children of service families
The disadvantaged population at CWLC & SF – Sept 2018
CWLC is committed to ensuring that all students have the opportunity to achieve their potential. Education is essential to improving the life chances of all young people. We endeavour to ensure that each student has access to expert teaching and support whilst recognising that the catchment for our school is wide and some students may require additional intervention.
This may include:
- Access to specialist intervention in English and maths
- Access to revision clubs and homework support
- Support on an individual basis to address health and wellbeing
- Targeted careers guidance
- Subsidising of school trips and visits that are essential to the curriculum
- Subsidising uniform costs
Christopher Whitehead Language College and Sixth Form,
Phone: 01905 423906