MADISEN DZYDZAN | SIXTH FORM STUDENT
I chose Drama because I was passionate about the subject in the lower school. I love our small class size and how we have so much more opportunities to perform in shows that the school have organised. The Drama teachers have worked really hard to create a professional environment for us to work in and it has given us the chance to see how things would function on a set in the theatres.
WHY CHOOSE DRAMA?
This course, delivered almost entirely practically allows students to explore all aspects of theatre. You will develop your acting skills as well as being responsible for staging regular performances in one of our four performance spaces. You will study key theatre practitioners and styles, analyse live theatre, and devise new work. You will keep process logs to evidence your progress as you move through the course supported at all levels by our staff.
The course is delivered through practical exploration and workshops and ongoing rehearsal. You will sit one externally assessed exam which takes the form of a controlled assessment. Coursework is assessed through filmed or live performance supported by the reflective process logs.
WHY STUDY DRAMA AT CWLC?
- We are a vibrant and busy department with an exceptional events programme.
- There are a wide range of trips and visits to take part in including a London residential trip with West End cast workshops.
- You will perform publicly in your coursework pieces and also in the many other events we have running throughout the year
- We have a student Director and Student Filmmaker programmes.
- We have a well-equipped Studio Theatre, a smaller studio theatre, a large stage performance space and dance studios to use for performance and rehearsals.
- Excellent lighting, sound and projection facilities & video and sound recording equipment
- We have close links with lots of professional and academic performing groups in the local area who provide us with regular work experience, workshops and visits.
- Our 6th Form Drama Society organise events, trips and performances specifically for 6th form students
- Our National Festival Performing Group take their work to competitive Drama festivals across the UK
- LAMDA qualifications are offered and we are a registered LAMDA exam centre
- We enjoy excellent working links with various local groups looking to cast young people in amateur and semi-professional performances.
WHAT COULD YOU DO NEXT?
Students go on to study Drama at degree level, and Drama School as well as working with local professionals to gain work experience or employment. Drama therapy, Drama teaching, Theatre in Education, Counselling and Psychology are all subjects supported and developed by the experience of studying Drama. Our students also go on to study Law using the confidence and communication skills learned through Drama as well as taking a Public Speaking LAMDA qualification.
Drama teaches you many key skills necessary and attractive to employers and university. Resilience, ingenuity, initiative, creativity and confidence- a winning combination!
Christopher Whitehead Language College and Sixth Form,
Phone: 01905 423906