Student Leadership Team Welcome
The sixth form student leadership team welcomes you to Christopher Whitehead Sixth Form. The student leadership team meets weekly to discuss everything from the evolution of the sixth form to arranging student social and charity events. We are responsible for representing the student voice and liaising between the student body and the Head of Sixth Form to ensure that the sixth form is a happy, thriving environment with a work/life balance.
So far this year, we have:
- Carried our extensive reviews into both the enrichment and Impetus programme. The enrichment programme and Impetus calendar have been developed according to our student feedback. A copy of our enrichment and Impetus report is available by request from the student leadership team.
- Represented the sixth form at school leadership team and Governing Body meetings.
- Promoted the sixth form at other institutions.
- Worked with the Head of Sixth Form to evaluate and develop the sixth form tutor model.
- Raised hundreds of pounds for Footsteps, the sixth form charity.
- Run themed fortnights raising awareness of LGBTQ+ and mental health.
- Participated in the tendering of the sixth form catering contract.
- Established a sixth form garden area with benched seating for relaxing and revising.
- Developed Iris, the sixth form student magazine.
- Supported lower school staff and students.
- Arranged a number of student social events.
We look forward to welcoming you to our sixth form.
Natasha Hewitt (Head Girl) and Isaac Fazey-Koven (Head Boy)